We’ll be entering a short communications blackout in a little while, since our old internet connection will expire on Sunday and the new connection is taking its own sweet time. This isn’t a bad thing, at least not entirely. Although the children’s book has been making excellent progress, it sadly isn’t finished yet. I’m sure some time away from the net will help with that. And there are a few other things that I need to get done that can only benefit from some internet-free time, like that short story about elephants and zombies that I started writing when we were in Greece. So I will have lots to do and, hopefully, lots to show when we get back online.
For now I shall wish you a nice week. Or maybe two. If you get lonely, here are a few things for you to look at:
- Jonas has written a short story. And you can read it. It is about vampires and politics and it is awesome. If you would spread the word you would make both of us very happy.
- And in other creative news: New pictures! On Flickr! This is the last batch of images from Greece, mostly Athens and a bit of Chalkidiki. Enjoy!
- And here is a truly astonishing letter. Read it and be filled with joy. This odd little gem from 1929 really made my day. In general I would like to take the opportunity to recommend Letters of Note as a source of weekday reading pleasure.
- If you get hungry while waiting for the internet to come back to Casa Kyratzes so that we can upload another episode of our cooking show, you could always try making Jamie Oliver’s Pasta with Meatballs recipe. It is really yummy, easy to make and the rosemary levels aren’t lethal (honest).
- And here’s a pretty song. Listen to it and think of all the people who were out on the streets today, fighting the good fight. Or better even, join them. I’m sure the fight will still need fighting tomorrow.
Okay. That is it for now. It is time to lean back, enjoy the show and wait for the inevitable.